This week, I’m taking on a fashion challenge that has everything to do with looking and being fabulous at work!
Your career attire can be fun as well as functional when you throw seasonal trends in the mix.
Weekly Fashion Challenger: This week’s fashion challenge, if you so choose to accept it, is all about fringe. Fringe is a haute trend for spring and I want see if you can add a bit of it in your career wardrobe. But before we start, here’s a bit more about the trend.
All About Fringe:
- Fringe is a haute trend for 2014
- Fringe was seen on the Spring 2014 runways of: Roberto Cavalli, Altuzarra, Moschino, Gucci, Dries Van Noten, Jil Sander and many more
- Fringe can be worn as a great accent on dresses, pants, handbags, skirts, gloves, and jewelry
- The fringe trend is versatile and can have a more western theme (think CHANEL Dallas show) or a 1920’s flapper flair
- Fringe is very feminine and works well with the soft palette of colors for 2014 by Pantone
- Fringe is versatile and was seen in both evening wear and casual looks on the runway
Your Next Move: I want you to go to your closet and see what items you have that are fringe and coordinate one or two of them in a cool look for work.
Don’t have anything with fringe on it? What fringed items can you add to your wardrobe to work with what you already have?
*Fashion Stylist Tip: This would be a great time to use the “La Mere Layering Technique” and add a cool fringe vest underneath of a blazer or structured jacket.
Comment below and send pictures!
- What Does It Mean to Have “Personal Style”?
- How to Wear Radiant Orchid in Career Attire
- Styling Practice: 1920’s Appeal
■ Hire Us Today: ■
Body Shape Analysis | Bridal Stylist | Closet Audit | Closet Edit | Coaching Sessions | Color Analysis | Etiquette & Protocol | Fashion Styling | Image Consulting | Makeover | Personal Shopping | Shop & Ship | Traveling Shopping Tours | Trend Forecasting | Wardrobe Stylist | Create Your Own