This week I want to do a reverse of the last fashion challenger. If you recall casual pleats were the theme where I wanted you to take something usually reserved for formal or business settings (pleats) and make them casual.
This time around I want you take something uber-casual and make it work for happy hour or similar semi-dressy occasion.
That’s right folks, word sophisticate is all about taking an item with words or a logo on it an coordinating it in a way that’s a bit more dressy.
Yes it’s tricky at first, but with some practice you will get better at it!
Weekly Fashion Challenger:
Go through your closet and pick out:
- 1 clothing item with a large visible words or logo on it
- 1 accessory item with a large visible words or a logo on it
Pair each item with pants, skirts, or tops that would make this look seem right at happy hour. My point isn’t to go “career attire” dressy here, but to just class up something that’s usually too casual.
- This was a haute trend seen on the runways of some very high-end designers, including: Louis Vuitton, Undercover, Christian Dior, Maiyet, Jean Paul Gaultier, Celine, and Kenzo
- The wordplay trend includes putting words on everything from handbags to sweaters
- The wordplay trend includes more words, statements, and phrases instead of just logos
Your Next Move:
■ Hire Us Today: ■
Body Shape Analysis | Bridal Stylist | Closet Audit | Closet Edit | Coaching Sessions | Color Analysis | Etiquette & Protocol | Fashion Styling | Image Consulting | Makeover | Personal Shopping | Shop & Ship | Traveling Shopping Tours | Trend Forecasting | Wardrobe Stylist | Create Your Own