With that thought in mind, this week’s challenge is combining two trends–one that was hot for fall and one that’s really hot for spring.
The first trend is the Western trend which had it’s most memorable moment at the CHANEL Dallas Fashion Show hosted in Dallas, Texas. The second trend is one that involves many perforated leather items but the trend is picking up steam especially in accessories.
All About Perforated Western:
- Some brands fulling embracing the perforated trend for Spring include COACH, Tory Burch, Juicy Couture, and Michael Kors
- Perforated clothing hit the runways of Band of Outsiders, Mayiet, and Milly
- The western trend is transitional across seasons
- The perforated trend is versatile and can be worn super casual through business professional
- Both trends can be worn using accessories only for a more subtle look
Spring into action (no pun intended:), sort though that tidy closet of yours, and begin to find anything with gingham, plaid, or fringe. I found that this fashion challenge is easiest to complete when you start with the western part. With that one western-inspired item, add a layering solid colored piece underneath.
For instance if you find a fringe jacket, pair it with a solid color top underneath. If you have a gingham button-up shirt, pair it with a solid colored tank underneath and if you have a plaid skirt, throw on a pair of solid dark colored tights or leggings. For those of you who have a western-inspired item that’s an accessory, set it aside until the end.
Next, find a perforated item. I suggest a perforated handbag or top. If a top is what you have in your closet, then try my La Mere Layering Technique to really amp up this challenge. The perforated item should be something unexpected, think a mesh jersy shirt or a perforated suede pair of boots.
Once you’ve put your look together, take pics and post them in the comments below!
- Fashion Challenger: Sneaker Villa
- Fashion Challenger: Blush, Fuchsia & Tan
- Fashion Challenger: Monochromatic Dramatic
- Fashion Stylist Tip: Modernize the Mundane with Metallics
■ Hire Us Today: ■
Body Shape Analysis | Bridal Stylist | Closet Audit | Closet Edit | Coaching Sessions | Color Analysis | Etiquette & Protocol | Fashion Styling | Image Consulting | Makeover | Personal Shopping | Shop & Ship | Traveling Shopping Tours | Trend Forecasting | Wardrobe Stylist | Create Your Own