Being a bit of a shop-a-holic, I own sneakers from the plain to the extraordinary!
Knowing that I had more than a few client appointments today, wearing sneakers in a fun yet professional look definitely appealed to me. This thought gave way to this week’s fashion challenge. Affectionately named ‘Sneaker Villa’, this week’s challenge leads me to want to know, for all of my fellow fashionistas who happen to also be sneakerheads, how you wear sneakers.
All About Sneaker Villa
- DKNY’s Platform Sneakers were a hit for Fall 2014 NY Fashion Week
- Sneakers should have excessive room at the toe area. Contrary to what one might expect, the foot actually gets longer and more narrow when you stand. If a shoe is just right sitting down, odds are it will be too short when you get up. Make sure to rise and walk around with your sneakers on before purchasing them
- When you buy sneakers, be sure to take out the sneaker’s flimsy sock liner and slip in an insole, recommended by any podiatrist or decent shoe salesperson, which should allow you to flex your toes more effectively. Nothing should be hitting you mid-arch. The insoles absorb shock, so exercise is easier on your body
As I’m sure you’ve guessed, it’s time for you to march to your closet and start pulling out a few pairs of sneakers.
Try a look that’s more polished with a solid colored pair of wedge sneakers. Think of this as a look you would be able to wear on ‘Casual Friday’. The second look I want you to try is one that’s all about fun! Go for boldness, color, textures, and height. Go for a look you would wear to an 80’s party or theme party. I want you to go nuts on this one:)
- Fashion Challenger: Blush, Fuchsia & Tan
- Fashion Challenger: Monochromatic Dramatic
- Fashion Challenger: Word Sophisticate
- A Day In The Life of Personal Stylist Kelly Lundberg
■ Hire Us Today: ■
Body Shape Analysis | Bridal Stylist | Closet Audit | Closet Edit | Coaching Sessions | Color Analysis | Etiquette & Protocol | Fashion Styling | Image Consulting | Makeover | Personal Shopping | Shop & Ship | Traveling Shopping Tours | Trend Forecasting | Wardrobe Stylist | Create Your Own